Québec City at its Best
25 Reasons to Spend the Labour Day Weekend in Québec City
Treat yourself to a stay in Québec City for the last weekend of the summer and fill up on fun before heading into your fall routine.
- Explore Old Québec while giving your Instagram account a major boost. Share your memories with us: #Quebeccite.
- Attend one of the last performances of the free outdoor circus show presented at the Agora Port de Québec.
- Meet with Indigeous Peoples at KWE!, a free event in front of the Parliament building.
- Toast the end of summer on one of the best patios in Québec City.
- Dive into London and its colourful creative scenes at Musée de la civilisation's exhibition London Calling.
- Discover Berthe Morisot's work, one of the few women of the Impressionist movement, at MNBAQ.
- Explore Aquarium du Québec's outdoor site illuminated by dozens of lanterns during Musiko : the music of lights.
- Go tubing down the Jacques Cartier River at Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier, a provincial park in a spectacular glacier valley.
- Try one of the best new restaurants.
- Experience a memorable "tail gate party" before the Rouge et Or's game against the Concordia Stingers.
- See Passages Insolites, an outdoor public exhibition including 9 unusual installations. It’s oh‑so Instagram friendly!
- Try a super‑sized slip‑n‑fly during the Slide X Event at Lac‑Beauport’s Centre Acrobatx.
- Taste delicious black currant confections at Cassis Monna & Filles estate.
- Get a good deal on a great meal at Burger Week.
- Take afternoon tea in a sumptuous décor at Château Frontenac’s Champlain Restaurant.
- Have a lobster roll at Panache Mobile, in the vineyard of Vignoble Sainte-Pétronille. Bonus: You’ll have a great view of the Montmorency Falls.
- Do a running workout in picturesque places.
- Have a major cultural experience at MondoKarnaval. 45 shows, 42 countries, and 800 artists!
- Hear a wildlife concert under a blanket of stars at Forêt Montmorency, with musicians in canoes riffing on melodies from the surrounding forest.
- Have a sweet treat at one of the best ice cream spots around. Bonus: Chocolat Favoris has a crazy cotton‑candy‑flavoured creation that’s like the soft‑serve version of a unicorn!
- To tour the region’s top microbreweries with Broue-Tours Québec.
- Join the party at Fête Arc-en-ciel de Québec, a social and arts Pride Festival.
- Explore the best mountain biking trails in Eastern Canada.
- Travel back in time with a visit to Québec City’s fortifications and discover what’s hiding under Dufferin Terrace. Cap off the tour by participating in a fire musket demonstration!
- Do a little shopping in the Petit Champlain District. It’s quintessential Québec City.
Have a great weekend!